The Vibration Analyst is responsible for ensuring all condition-based maintenance assessments (CBM) are completed and reported out per the client proposal and meets company standards for quality and delivery.
Key factors for the position:
- Ability to spend long hours outside walking, climbing, bending, turning, twisting while collecting data on various industrial machines in plants, mills, mines, ships, wharfs, docks, manufacturing sites, etc.
- Ability to work in a team with a high regard for safety and environmental concerns
- A strong commitment to company policies, procedures and best practices.
- Effective written, verbal, and communication skills to satisfy training, safety, and electronic message transmission policies of the company.
- Hands-on, mechanical repair maintenance and rebuild experience with industrial equipment (pumps, motors, gearboxes, pulleys, etc.)
- Journeyman level ability to read, understand and apply information from technical manuals and other reference materials.
Job description: A vibration analyst is a key position within our Field Service Group (FSG). The main job function is to walk around client’s sites with a portable vibration data collection analyzer, placing a magnetic accelerometer on designated equipment. Then collect vibration signatures for analysis and reporting. Understand the data collected, making decisions and reporting on the health of machine condition: acceptable, notable, reportable.
Key Duties, Responsibilities and Aptitude
- Assumes responsibility for the overall safety of the work environment.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with company, client, OSHA, and other applicable rules & standards.
- Perform Safety Observations, and Job Safety Analysis, as needed.
- Ensures that work area is clean, secure, and well maintained.
- Collects vibration data on machinery operating within industrial sites.
- Performs analysis and collaboration on reporting for all data.
- Assess machine health in accordance with company best practices and standards.
- Maintains technology databases with current information.
- Assists in program setup as required.
- Use of basic hand tools.
- Responsible for equipment walk down and information gathering.
- Responsible for assisting in creating, optimizing and maintaining technology databases.
- Assumes responsibility for communication and education between the company and clients.
- Responsible for communicating company deliverables to the client.
- Responsible for the accuracy and the timeliness of all communications and reporting.
- Responsible for assisting and reporting failure modes, faults, alarms and notifications.
- Monitoring baseline data acquisition & assist in analysis troubleshooting.
- Able and willing to work on-call and off shift as required by customers or management.
- Route data collect is a physical activity, and sometimes requires data acquisition in inclement weather.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Travel is often required for this position.
- Work collaboratively with peers, management and support staff to maintain thorough knowledge of needs, capabilities, and ensure all communications between company and clients are known and understood.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
Training will include, but are not limited to: Safety Council training and classes for OSHA requirements.
- All necessary client-based training, site specific safety, PSM
- Collection of vibration data on-site
- Vibration analysis (supervised)
- Certificates Required (company provides training; both initial and ongoing)
- Perform supervised vibration analysis and write reports of findings
Preferred skills (can be equivalents or experience):
- Mechanical repair experience.
- NCCER and NCCER Plus certification
- Collecting and analyzing vibration data.
- Building vibration database.
- Training customers in collecting and transferring data
- US Citizen or Resident Green Card. No immigration assistance offered for this position.
- Pass deep background check.
- Pass urinalysis test for banned substances.
- Pass breath alcohol test.